Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I made it through my workout...breakfast, and snack...and then I had to present at my work meeting...and the meeting was not good...and so then I was all upset and my boss felt bad and took me to lunch very instantly which if you know me regardless of whether I am trying to lose weight I hate going out to eat....I stuck to my plan and got vegetarian chicken and broccoli and then I had no appetite the rest of the day so I didn't eat anything until I got home at 9:45 pm while I was packing my snack for today and making my tea...I had 0.5 oz of nuts a bite of a turkey burger and tasted the new peanut butter I got ( the machine that makes the fresh ground peanut butter is broken- sad day...so I am trying peanut butter that has flax seed and omega-3 in it- it is also lower calorie than normal pb). Can I just say I hate my job right now?! I am working my ass off and nothing works... I put in 12 hours yesterday and have nothing but bad data to show for it. Hopefully I will get some good news today.



Also I watched a video yesterday that sums up pretty much everything Sarah C. has been saying...go here to watch it...the first part is real good and then it goes into trying to sell you their product...but it sums up everything very nicely....


Here is the jist:

Sugar= bad for losing weight

Bad carbs for losing weight:
-whole wheat bread
-whole wheat pasta
-most cereals
-crackers
-orange juice


Good carbs for losing weight:
-sprouted grains:rice, spelt, millet, quinoa
-sweet potato (it has me craving this with butter and cinnamon now)
-fruit and veggies

Good fat vs. bad fat
-it is impossible to lose fat without eating fat
-eat good fat- burn fat

Bad fat:
-hydrogenated oils
-canola, vegetable oils
-margarine
-substitute butter

(add sugar typically)

Good fat:
-butter
-eggs
-coconut and olive oil
-avocados
-raw nuts

ELIMINATE
-processed foods
-bad because of sugar and added chemicals
-artificial sweeteners
-high fructose corn syrup
-hydrogenated oils
-processed soy products



1 ingredient foods = best food choices for fat loss

Calories:
-Calorie resitriction= starvation mode
-actually don't need to count calories if eating the right foods for fat loss

It is good to know your metabolism type....



I went on the internet and did some searching and you can probably figure out your metabolism on the internet....turns out for me to lose fat it is best for me to avoid breads and things like that and just stick to protein and non starchy fruit and vegetables....


***Also...I made have had a major break through at work...I will keep you posted...i will know by thursday if it worked....

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Hi bestie. I know you're working hard...hang in there, sweetness. You are brilliant, and you will get all this figured out. I love you!

P.S. I also love love love coconut oil to cook with. Makes everything taste kinda tropical and surprisingly does go with anything! It's so healthy too. Mmm.