Blog Archive

Friday, February 25, 2011

Procrastinating much?

Yes. I have been procrastinating updating....mainly because I am working 10-12 hours a day and 7 days a week...I am thoroughly exhausted....I have been doing a little bit of research and I think I may be insulin resistant...I have been diagnosed with borderline type 2 diabetes before....and so I can only assume that every time I gain weight it is because I am consuming too much sugar and refined carbs in my diet....now I have not been doing that much lately...however...it looks like I might want to up my protein intake and decrease my carbs....I am going to start South beach I think on Monday...I eat only protein and veggies for 2 weeks...hopefully this will jump start things...as I have only been gaining weight during month 2 of insanity....I am thinking I will couple this with cinnamon tablets (helps counter insulin resistance) and lemon juice (cleans the body and out and helps with a variety of things) in my water as well as a little caffeine (increases metabolism) to get my metabolism going.....sigh....why do I always have to gain my weight back....my goal is to consume no less than 1500 cals a day...which if you know me I usually eat 1200 cals a day to lose weight....and then I never increase my calories.....Anyways....I have been cooked a bunch more of the recipes in my goal list...


Fruit yogurt and granola parfait
/ apple pie parfait

(it really is super tasty!)

Lightened up Broccoli and cheese soup

(not bad...def low sodium...btw I always use veggie broth when broth is used....my soup wasn't homogenous either)

Curry Coconut chickpea soup

Italian Wedding Soup
(this is most def my fave soup now!)


Garlic Chicken Gnocchi


(so yum!)

Crockpot chicken and broccoli

(so not yum...it did not taste good at all)


Orange ginger tofu


( I of course added more veggies...it was yum and I ate it with Quinoa)

Vegetable and turkey burger- I call these my power patties

(and yes I used turkey instead of tofu...I also used a nature burger mix instead of bread crumbs that I purchased in bulk at sunflower market...I served this with baked sweet potato fries...mmm...mmmm)


Low calorie pizza crust


(this turned out excellent...I highly recommend this blog...she is so creative!)


I currently want to make my own Seitan....it doesn't look too hard

No comments: